May 25, 2014

Dance recital makeup

Good afternoon loves!!! I hope everyone is having a great day so far! Thanks for stopping by Beauty by AnneCarol. This look is just a quick product breakdown on a more heavy stage makeup look that I did on Toni Sarris for her dance recital. I went heavy on the eyes, but only using matte shades. Using shimmer or metallic shades on the eyes will not be flattering under the intense stage lights. You want to keep the whole makeup look matte for the most part. I also did a bold hot pink lip as you can tell, because you don't want your lips to disappear, and her costume was hot pink too! All products and a little bit of steps will be listed below.




Products used:
- Benefit Stay Flawless 15-hour primer
- NYX HD Photogenic foundation- mixed shades 'natural' and 'nude' & applied with a damp beauty blender
- NYX HD Photogenic concealer in '05 beige' under eyes in upside down triangle, down the nose, between brows and up a little, under cheek bones. (I'm using HD products so the light and flashes won't wash her out.)
- Set the concealer with Dermablend translucent setting powder
- Contoured with MAC pressed Mineralize foundation in 'NC 50' in the hollows of her cheeks, under bottom lip, down the sides of the nose and under the tip, along the hairline, and temples. Blended out with the Real Techniques buffing brush
- Set the foundation with MAC Mineralize Skin Finish powder in 'medium' to make sure everything was matte.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour waterproof powder blush in 'amused'
- I did not highlight the face with any illuminator or highlighters because it would make her look very oily under the lighting instead of having a "highlighted shimmer look." 
- Set everything with Urban Decay setting spray
- For the eyes I started by priming them with MAC Paint Pot in 'soft ochre'
- Blended a soft muted rose brown shadow from Morphe Brushes in the crease from inner corner to outer corner and flicking it upwards a bit at the end. The shade is 'ES16' and I blended it with a MAC 217 blending brush. (Obsessed with this shade by the way. PERFECT crease color)
- Blended MAC shadow in 'mystery,' which is a dark chocolate brown, on the outer corner, and brought it a little bit inwards. Applied this with another goat hair blending brush.
- Took a makeup remover wipe and cleaned up the outer edges and any fall out for that crisp outer edge. Doing this also helps for that outer "V" look. 
- Blended the same MAC 'mystery' shade downwards to her outer lower lash line so it blended with the outer corner. 
- Then I took that rosy brown crease color and blended in on the rest of the lower lash line with a pencil brush. 
- For the lid and inner corner color I used 'Brule' from MAC which is a cream shade, & mixed it with a matte white shadow from Morphe brushes. The shade is 'ES40' and I applied it with my Sigma E55 shader brush.
- Used just the matte white shadow for the brow bone highlighter. I used this pretty heavily because I wanted her eyes very bright towards the top part. 
- I filled in her brows using Anastasia Beverly Hills brow powder duo in 'dark brown.' I used the lighter shade at the front part of her brows, then used the dark brown shade to fill in the rest. I always like a nice gradient look to any brows, so that is why I always use a lighter shade towards the front. :) (And I am soooo jealous of her thick brows!!! Look how perfect they are!)
- I set her brows in place with the ABH clear brow gel.
- I lined her eyes with Kat Von D's Tattoo liner. (HIGHLY RECOMMEND! It makes putting liquid liner on SO easy.) I just did a slight wing at the end. 
- Loaded on the mascara with Too Faced 'Better Than Sex' mascara. Toni has the BEST, most longest eyelashes ever so I did not apply false lashes. Instead I just used several coats, but made sure it did not get clumpy. A trick to make sure your lashes don't get clumpy is after each coat, take a clean lash brush and comb through them. That will get all of the unnecessary mascara out. 
- Lined her lips with NYX lip pencil in 'dolly pink' & for the lipstick I used Maybelline 'fuchsia fever' & to top the lips off I used MAC Dazzleglass in 'extra amps' 

I hope you all enjoyed this post, and learned something new. My next post will be on all of my favorite summer lipsticks/glosses. Stay tuned. :)
xo- AnneCarol




No comments: