April 27, 2014

Makeup/Product Breakdown: My sister's prom look

(I am not sure why her lips turned out this bright in the photo, but the true color is like it is in the photo below.)



How BEAUTIFUL is my little sister?! Since I had soooo many people love this look, I decided to do a product breakdown and show you all of the products that I used to create this gorgeous look. I had a lot of people tell me how much they loved the ombre effect on the eyes. I would be glad to do a tutorial on this look. Comment on this post by clicking the pencil icon at the bottom of the post, and tell me if you would like a tutorial. :) I will put in a little bit of "how-to" in this post, but it will mostly be on what products I used and where I used them. I hope you all like this post, and be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNwFXmiiO6FzvPpoRxiEe9A

Also be sure to check out my latest video on my prom 2014 look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF-C2236QOg

Products:
FACE:
-NYX HD Photogenic Foundation in the color 'natural' I applied it with a damp Beauty Blender. 

-MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in 'NC 20' for under the eyes and as a highlight for down the bridge of the nose, center of forehead, above brows, cupid's bow, & the chin. I blended all of the concealer out with a damp Beauty Blender.

-Dermablend translucent setting powder to set concealer with a MAC 150 powder brush.

-MAC Mineralize Pressed Foundation in 'NC 50' to cream contour in the hollows on the cheeks, top of the forehead, temples, under bottom lip, jaw line, & down the sides of the nose. Applied it with Real Techniques pointed foundation brush, & I buffed and blended it out with the Real Techniques buffing brush.

-Set everything else but the concealer and contour with MAC Mineralize Skin Finish powder in 'medium'

-Went over the cream contour with Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Waterproof Matte Bronzer in 'Park Ave Princess' with a MAC 109 small contour brush

-Tarte Amazonian Clay powder blush in 'amused'

-MAC MSF in 'soft and gentle' highlighter

-Urban Decay NAKED Illuminated Face & Body powder on her chest/collar bone

-Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in 'dark brown' 

EYES:
-Started off by applying MAC Paint Pot in 'Soft Ochre' for a smooth base for the eyeshadows

-Applied MAC 'saddle' eyeshadow in the crease and outwards to the tail of the brow with a MAC 217 blending brush for the transitioning color

-Patted MAC 'nylon' eyeshadow from the inner corner of the lid all the way to the center of the lid. I left the outer corner blank, because two more colors will be applied there. 

-I mixed Morphe Brushes ES47 eyeshadow (golden apricot w/ shimmer) & Urban Decay 'half baked' eyeshadow for the gold color on the center of the lid. This color matched the gold hardware on her dress perfectly. I applied these colors with the Sigma E55 shader brush. Be sure to pat shades that have a lot of shimmer in them on the lid to prevent shadow fall out on the face. This is the main reason I start with the eyes first when doing a more dramatic eye look. This is when we begin the ombre effect. Take the same shader brush you applied the gold colors with and start swiping the color into the 'nylon' shade. Wiggle your brush lightly back and forth where the two colors meet. Take a fluffy blending brush such as a, MAC 224, and go over that line and any work you have done this far. 

-I also sprayed MAC Fix+ on my brushes before I applied the shadows to make them more vibrant. 

-I took a Sigma E70 medium angled shader brush with MAC 'print' eyeshadow, applied it to the outer "v" of the eye. I then again blended the gold colors with this gray color now with the same technique as before. Take a clean fluffy blending brush and blend out all of your work. 

-Used a matte white eyeshadow from Morphe Brushes ES40 as the brow bone highlight

-Used the 2 gold colors and blended them on the lower lash line, & then took the 'print' color and applied it to the outer corner of the lower lash line. Applied both colors with a Sigma E30 pencil brush.

-Lined the top lash line with Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Waterproof Gel Liner in 'black' & did a subtle wing. Applied it with a Sigma E05 eye liner brush. 

-Applied a few coats of Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara to top and bottom lashes. 

-Used MAC fake lashes but I do not remember the number. Any long wispy lashes will look good with this look. 

LIPS:
-MAC 'pink treat' lip liner

-MAC 'impassioned' lipstick

-Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss in 'fatal apple'

-Set everything and brought a more dewy look back to the face with MAC Fix+ spray

XO





No comments: